I met Vicki Lord through a previous client, and I booked her for a few photoshoots when I needed a talented hairstylist.
Vicki Lord appointed my services after seeing the results I had achieved for a friend of hers. I have been working with Vicki since January 2012, and have managed the majority of her PR and Communication throughout this time, including remotely from Australia. Appointment ended Autumn 2017. Vicki and I are
To establish Vicki Lord as a recognisable session stylist in the fashion and bridal industry.
Continual PR that gradually builds awareness of Vicki’s talent and brand name, and stamps her as an expert in her field, namely as a creative who is inspired by her avant-garde hairstyles and catering these elaborate creations for red carpet, events and for brides.
I have initiated and nurtured relationships between Vicki and some big brands and industry leaders, resulting in collaborations, published photo-shoots, cover placement, regular interviews online and in national and international print, stage presentation, video presentation and live television presentation.
- Awards: Multi-award winning, including three times winner of the Kent Wedding Awards, and finalist of The National Wedding awards, and the UK’s Best Bridal Hairdresser 2016.
- Television: Expert host on QVC, host of Sky show for brides and creating hair to suit the dress, makeovers for LoveTalk TV and Chrissy B, including advice for patients of chemotherapy.
- Affiliations and Collaborations:
- Balmain’s Bridal Hair Specialist.
- NTA’s: Session stylist Vicki Lord and international make-up artist Emily-Rose Braithwaite worked with Eastender actress Shona McGarty for the National TV Awards 2012. Shona was snapped on the red carpet and appeared in online press including Now, OK Magazine, Look and StyleBisto. Kelvin Barron styled the young actress, in an amazing full-length, strapless, golden dress with sequin detail across the bodice. Her Grecian Goddess hair and make-up look was based on that of Angelina Jolie, Shona’s inspiration for her look for the NTAs. Emily Rose demonstrates how the eye make-up can be re-created on her how-to video HERE. There were several videos of Shona too including WhatsonTV. Vicki Lord has worked with Shona and other Eastender actors since 2012, including Hetti Bywater.
- Presenter and demonstration on the Diamond Stage at Pro Live Hair Show.
- Presentation on the Balmain stage.
- Vicki is the official backstage hairdresser at the Wedding Fair in Excel, January 2017.
- Published: Featured in, written for or cover for many magazines including, Hairdresser Journal, Your Kent Wedding, Ultimate Wedding, A Kentish Ceremony, British Mode, local newspapers, Look Magazine, Holistic Therapist Magazine, Bliss Magazine, Black Hair Magazine, Hair Magazine, Wedding Ideas Magazine and online, Female First, Women Talking, Good Housekeeping Magazine, MMM, and more.
- Academy: Set-up the Vicki Lord bridal academy teaching other hairdressers her techniques for styling bridal hair and editorial hair. Vicki offers bespoke courses, as well as an industry approved Habia CPD course.
- Brands: Worked with established and reputable brands and creatives including Liberty, Ian Stuart, Stuart Philips, Kelvin Barron, L’oreal, T3, BAFTAs for celebrity, Soap Awards for actors.
- Celebrities: Including Jodie Kidd, Tamla Kari, Macy Gray, Tess Daly, Mandy Capristo, Jocelyn Brown, Sacha Gervasi, Jessica Rothschild, Blue; Lee Ryan, Duncan James, Summer Strallen, Elen Rivas, Anna Williamson, Nicky Chapman, Eastenders Cast; Shona Mcgarty, Danielle Harold, Hettie Bywater, Richard Arnold, Erin O’Toole, Nina Nannar, Lawrence McGinty, Matthew Letty, Status Quo, Linda Lusardi, Zara Martin, Tolula Adeymi, Noel Reno, Hofit Golan.
- Website: Vicki launched a brand new website in 2016 (this was changed by another company in 2017).
Vicki remains in contact and appoints my consultancy and writing services.